Monday 24 September 2007

Pearly Gates

An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. St. Peter checked his dossier and said, "Ah, sorry, you've been directed to the wrong place."

So the engineer reported to the gates of hell and was let in. Pretty soon, the engineer got dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and started designing and building improvements. After a while, they'd got air conditioning, flush toilets, and escalators. The engineer was a pretty popular guy especially with management.

One day God called Satan up on the telephone and said with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"

Satan replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God replied, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake! He should never have gotten down there; send him up here."

Satan said, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him."

God said, "Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughed uproariously and answered, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

2 comments:

  1. Given the number of lawyers I know this does not auger well. However, hopefully my half LLB and half Barrister at Law won't count! It gave me furiously to think on criteria for Hell: apart, that is, from just being plain evil. If arrogance were a criteria then it wouldn't be the lawyers at the top of the list but (on the basis of those I know in both groups) it would be teachers. Lawyers are, to themselves, very rarely sure they are correct but they have to project confidence to their clients. Teachers are always right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm going to regret this but what does S.U.B.stand for???

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive