Thursday 18 October 2007

Blogging

My Brother asked me how I managed to do all the blogging I do – what with this Google Blog, my StumbleUpon and my Pensby Natural History Blog .
I replied that it is my way of keeping sane in an insane world. Or if the world is sane it is my way of keeping insane. Whichever, it keeps me content with life when there is little else to do so.
On a more practical level I do it by keeping a notepad of the odd things I come across during my computing or reading and then, when I go on to check my emails and things, I turn some of the notepad ideas into little snippets for the blogs. You can probably tell how well I’m feeling (I suffer from various long-term illnesses I won’t bore you with) by whether I miss a day or simply insert a few bits of useless information.
I have had my notepad for years and called it “Factoids” thinking I had invented quite a good word. However, I heard the word used on television the other day and realised that I hadn’t invented it – or, if I had, it was co-incidentally created by someone else as well. I decided to look it up on Google and it has two meanings -
- a brief (usually one sentence and usually trivial) news item
- something resembling a fact; unverified (often invented) information that is given credibility because it appeared in print
I meant to use it as the first definition. If my notepad ever runs out I’ll have to start thinking in earnest – and then my Blogs will really suffer.

2 comments:

  1. You've just stolen my definition on wordimperfect you rotten sod! I had to think up a totally ridiculous meaning!!
    Lorenzo t. Llama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously Cheshire minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive