Thursday 1 November 2007

Anne Tyler

"Once upon a time, there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person."
~ Anne Tyler ~ "Back When We Were Grownups"

Not very long ago I read “The Accidental Tourist” by Anne Tyler. The only reason I read it was because I found an old Penguin edition in a charity shop and almost anything that made it into Penguin books in the old days was either worth-reading or destined to become a classic or both. I enjoyed the book but had not noticed another Anne Tyler book since and, if I had, I’m not sure I enjoyed it enough to do one of my runs on the author. These runs tend to take me through the whole of their output until either finished or put off by their sameness.
By chance I came across an article on her on the Internet the other day only a day or so after seeing the above quotation.
http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/generalfiction/story/0,6000,1115823,00.htmlI’ve decided I must add “Back When We Were Grownups” to my reading list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive