Monday 30 June 2008

LIES, damned lies and advertising..

I fancied some soup yesterday and discovered a packet in the cupboard alongside the tins. The packets I buy just require to be stuck in a cup and have hot water added. Instant soup. I had opened this packet that Jo got before I realised it had to be done on the hob. Still, it would only take 5 minutes according to the packet.



Can someone please tell me how it can only take five minutes when the instructions require that you out it in a pan and add COLD (in capital letters) water, bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. If anyone has a cooker that can bring cold water to the boil instantly can they please let me know – I’d like one!

I’m tempted to have a go at them under the Trades Descriptions Act and force them to change all their packets – that would larn ‘em!
Advertising,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive