Saturday 26 July 2008

BACK Garden Wildlife

Helen and I both have blogs about the things we see in our back gardens. Helen and Ian, for example, have had a vole, slow worms and an emperor dragonfly in their Exeter garden in the last couple of weeks.
My garden sightings have been a lot less exciting but there are occasions when I am glad about that. The creature below, a 28’ 1” alligator, was found in the back garden of Anita and Charlie Rogers near Leesburg, Alabama. Alabama Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast – presumably they didn’t have a net quite big enough...



I don’t think an alligator this size would have thought my little ponds quite adequate!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive