Thursday 24 July 2008

USEFUL Latin Phrases

As regular readers of this blog will know I am a fan of Latin. So here, for the benfit of those who do not have a classics background, are some useful Latin phrases.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
If you can read this you're over-educated

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
I think some people in togas are plotting against me.

Vidi, Vici, Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Vacca foeda
Stupid cow

Raptus regaliter
Royally screwed

Fac ut gaudeam.
Make my day.

Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
May barbarians invade your personal space!

Vescere bracis meis.
Eat my shorts.

Fac ut vivas.
Get a life.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive