Saturday 13 December 2008

Coffee at Thornton’s


Jo and I took a load of things to the charity shop today. It was part of a mass clear out of attic sale / flea market things that haven’t sold. We then treated ourselves to coffee and a cake at Thornton’s Coffee Shop in Heswall. We were fortunate to be able to grab a couple of the comfy easy chairs. We made a half-hearted effort at a crossword but ended up chatting instead.


The coffee is not as strong as I would like it to be but the marzipan stollen was brilliant. As good a piece of cake as I have had in years. I must find a stollen recipe and make myself some.


Jo, as usual, had a pot of tea rather than coffee and accompanied it with a piece of rather tasty looking carrot cake.

3 comments:

  1. We used to make stollen with my grandmother when I was a little girl. I bought the candied fruit with big aspirations to get a couple of loaves done. The fruit is still sitting on my shelf and I now realize it will probably stay there until next year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive