Sunday 15 November 2009

Award For Photographic Excellence



Each Sunday I give an award to one of my favourite blogging photographers. The award is in no particular order so please don't feel left out if others precede you! The recipient is welcome to display the award on their blog but is equally welcome not to do so. There is no passing on or writing deep secrets necessary. It is simply an acknowledgement from me of how much I have appreciated the person’s photographs.

And today's Photographic Excellence Award goes to Elaine Dale. Elaine lives in southwestern Ontario, Canada but is a Newfoundlander by birth and by heart. She has been an avid photographer for as long as she can remember, “starting as a kid with a Kodak camera and flash cubes”.

Just look, for example, at the Black-capped Chickadee (which. of course, reminds me of my regular Canadian visitor – Carol) and the barn in the same posting. Her blog is well worth a visit.

Thanks also, Elaine. for your regular contributions to the Friday My Town Shoot-outs.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much! I feel like I've won an Oscar. I'd like to thank my parents, my husband who puts up with me..... I'll post about it on my blog. Thanks again, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well chosen, CJ. Elaine is gifted. I can still see some of her photos from her recent trip to Newfoundland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely group of photos. Of course I love the black-cap chickadee the best! :0)
    My beloved late mother was a whiz at embroidery and made me a beautiful wall hanging with chickadees on it. It's one of my favourite things, and one of the things I would want to grab to take with me if the house were on fire (God forbid!). After Robin and the dog of course!
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive