Monday 25 April 2011

What have I been up to?

Coughing - been at it since my by-pass so I guess that's not news. Been for lots of tests and reached no conclusion.

Meek's been poorly. He's not fully recovered but he's a bit better. He's also playing at being camouflaged. Spot the cat!


Oh - there he is.

The two missing birthday cards haven't turned up. I'm beginning to wonder if I dreamed them up.

Been out in the garden making it look a bit less scrappy for the summer.


The cherry has flowered but is now past its best.


Delighted to find that the Cuckoo Pint which Helen gave me is flowering. I've had some in the garden for five years and it's never flowered. Helen's has only been in twelve months and is flowering nicely already. Looking forward to the berries.

I've cleared out the garden shed and it looks TIDY. Wow.


Cowslips are at their peak - and they are increasing year by year so we have quite a good clump.


The pear has lots of blossom on it this year - hopefully we'll have more pears this year. We had a couple a year or two ago but none last year. The apple is also at its peak.





I got some of the dead leaves out of the pond and fished a few newts out in the process - they went back in after having a photo opportunity.

For years I've had double vision. It's now reached the stage where I need to carry three pair of glasses around with me according to what distance I'm trying to focus on. It's driving me up the wall. I dread to think how many times a day I swap from one pair to another - and yet I nearly always seem to have the wrong pair on!

I've just done a list of jobs to be done.  Aargh!

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a Cuckoo Pint. I'm going to have to look it up to see what the berries look like.
    That's a lot of newts in a pond! You must make it very comfortable in there for them! :)
    Hoping you and Meek continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your post. Sorry about the coughing -- reminds me that I need a checkup since I've been coughing regularly as well and I suspect a flare up of reflux. Age sucks. Great pictures. I tend to play eyeglass tag a lot. Great newts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. Was worried you were having problems again, and you were. Hope they soon will be behind you; we miss you when you don't post.
    Love the "where in the world is that cat" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you've not been well. I do hope you are feeling better soon. And poor little Meek as well.
    The photos of flowers in your garden look lovely.

    Can the doctors do something about tri-focal glasses for you? Or perhaps lasik surgery? Must be so frustrating, especially for someone who loves to read and work on the computer as much as you do.

    Please take care and get well soon! Sending hugs,
    xoxo Canadian Chickadee & English Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the newts! Must dip our pond soon.

    Really glad the cuckoo pint is flowering and that Meek is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good picture of Meek in camouflage!
    We've had a pair of newts in the small pond at my parents' garden, Mrs. Newt came to check whether my finger is edible and decided against it but still let me touch her.
    The cherry tree in front of my kitchen window has lost all its blossoms but there are still many flowering trees and plenty of lilac in the surrounding gardens.
    Congratulations on having a tidy shed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better every day! I enjoyed walking through the garden in your photos. ;^) (Love the camouflage with Meek!) :^) ...and the newts!!! I cannot help but think of "eye of newt"...you could conjure up quite a spell....
    ;^) ;^0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out the Great Easter Newt Hunt:

    http://www.newthunt.org/index.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive