Thursday 28 July 2011

Window shopping in Ambleside, Cumbria


On the way North from Exeter to Scotland GB and I spent a night at Ambleside. This was in the doorway of the Queens Hotel but as you can tell from GB's blog the meal got the thumbs down from us.


As usual, and despite the rain, we had a wander around with our cameras and did some window shopping.


And at that price, lovely though this work is, it shall remain ‘window shopping’ only.




Now that is what I call a crystal. We have a large amethyst geode at home but it’s not even half that size.


This one defies comment. Unless my readers can think of one.


GB and I have always liked this relief version of Bartholomew’s map of the Lake District. All the names are so familiar from my youth that it feels like a map of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive