Wednesday 6 February 2013

AirPano.com


One of my bloggypals pointed me to AirPano.com .  What a wonderful site this.  You can take aerial panoramic trips around some of the most spectacular sights in the world.

AirPano is a non-commercial project focused on high resolution 3D aerial panoramas. The AirPano team is a group of Russian photographers and panorama enthusiasts. During the next 2-3 years, they plan to shoot a variety of aerial panoramas and create virtual 3D tours of the most interesting places of our planet.  I strongly recommend a trip there and their gallery of still photos is also exemplary.  Here are just three (how I picked just three to show I can't imagine.)

The Matterhorn, Switzerland. 
Source: AirPano.com

The Colosseum, Rome.
Source: AirPano.com
 
 Angel Falls, Venezuela.
Source: AirPano.com
 
You can read about the discovery of Angel Falls here.  But what that site doesn’t tell you is that one of the first people Jimmy Angel told about the Falls when he landed was Partner-who-loves-tea's father.  He was doing telecommunications work out there at the time.  A newspaper article (in the loft somewhere so I can't quote it directly) from that time tells how Jimmy Angel told him all about it.  

(I suppose I should make it clear that I have no vested interest in advertising AirPano.com - I just think it's a great site.  Thanks Virginia for pointing it out to me. )

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this link.....a wonderful site with wonderful sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you enjoyed the website CJ. Your favourites are nice as well. I visited Venezuela some years ago, but did not have the chance to visit Angels Falls, now I have.
    It was Ilona, Mean Queen, Life after Money that blogged about AirPano recently, so thanks to her we can all enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your visit, and I did a little research to answer your question. One of the herbs I have come across which is helpful is uva ursi and I wrote an article for my good friend to post at his site http://e-infopages.com/2011/the-good-and-bad-on-uva-ursi/

    I have also mentioned a few other things in my reply in the commenting of my post. I hope you can understand it. Your comment box is easier to type in. Mine is so little. :-) I hope whoever it is that needs the remedy feels better soon. I have a kidney infection and it was dreadful. I thought I was dying and a malfunction of the kidneys is serious enough to be fatal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful site. I have been wanting to go to Iguasu Falls for years and with their pictures I can see the Falls so well. What a great link – I copied it, and I know I’ll go back there to see more of their photos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive